IBBK Fachgruppe Biogas offers a 4-day study tour starting in Stuttgart and ending in Stuttgart. The tour will lead you to several plant operators and biogas companies in Germany.
Further Description / Program
The participants of the tour will get in contact with planners of biogas plants, components manufacturers and biogas plant operators as well as biogas plants with new or ground-breaking concepts or technology in Germany.
The tour will cover the following topics:
1. Visit of a 700 kW biogas plant with integrated upgrading unit. Raw biogas is cleaned and purified into CNG-quality natural gas on site and sold at the farms own gas station.
2. Visit of a biogas plant with gas upgrading and grid injection. Around 650 m³/h of the produced biogas is fed into the local gas grid.
3. Visit of a German based gas engine manufacturer.
4. Visit of a biogas plant digesting all collected biowaste of the Lake Constance region; Production of around 4 Mio kWh/a electricity.
5. Visit of a biogas plant digesting 18,000 t/a of biowaste in its vertical fermenter, providing 1,800 households with electricity. It was built by OWS Dranco.
6. Visit of a sewage treatment plant with a co-fermentation unit processing the liquid sewage of around 40,000 surrounding inhabitants.
7. Visit of the Central Agricultural Fair in Munich followed by a trip to Oktoberfest.
8. Visit of a 540 kW garage type dry fermentation plant with a yearly substrate input of 17,100 t. 6,000 t/a of separated solid digestate is used as fertilizer.
9. Visit of a 900 kW plant built by FFE Solutions GmbH (formerly: Farmatic). It processes 16,000 t of food waste, supermarket waste and expired food annually.
The Biogas Study Tour will be conducted in English and German language and includes sightseeing and cultural aspects.
Share this page on