SFD Report - Yaoundé, Cameroon (English and French) - SFD Promotion Initiative

Feumba, R., Burchard-Levine, A. (2018)

Published in: 2018
Pages: 53

GFA Consulting Group GmbH, Hamburg, Germany

Feumba, R., Burchard-Levine, A.

Uploaded by:
SuSanA Admin (susanaadmin)


 Location of library entry

Yaoundé is the political capital of Cameroon and had 3,660,082 inhabitants with 775,911 households in 2017 (updated from RGPH, 2010). The area covered for this SFD is 310km², which is beyond the administrative boundaries as the city developed peripherally in an unregulated manner. The population growth rate was nearly 5.3% per year between 2001 and 2015 and 5.7 between 2015 and 2020 (CUY, 2015).
Around 3% of the population uses offsite sanitation systems, with the remaining 97% using onsite sanitation systems. For Yaoundé, 49% of the excreta is estimated to be managed safely, meaning that 51% is not managed safely. This report is available in English and French.

Bibliographic information

Feumba, R., Burchard-Levine, A. (2018). SFD Report - Yaoundé, Cameroon (English and French) - SFD Promotion Initiative. GFA Consulting Group GmbH, Hamburg, Germany

Filter tags

English French SFD Report Sub-Saharan Africa


SFD Report - Yaoundé, Cameroon

Format: pdf file
Size: 1.84 MB

Rapport SFD - Yaoundé, Cameroon

Format: pdf file
Size: 0.47 MB

Share this page on    

Follow us on    

SuSanA Partners  currently 340 partners

Sanitation events

SuSanA newsletter

Stay informed about the activities of SuSanA and its partners. The SuSanA newsletter is sent out around four times per year. It contains information about news, events, new partners, projects, discussions and publications of the SuSanA network.

Subscribe to newsletter »

Latest tweets mentioning SuSanA

Tweets mentioning SuSanA »

Launch of SuSanA Latinoamérica

The SuSanA Latin America Chapter will be launched at a side event of the LatinoSan conference, on the 3rd of April in San José, Costa Rica. We are excited to see the network grow in the LAC region as well – through country focal points and an enthusiastic group of SuSanA partners steering the chapter.

Find out more about the launch! 

SuSanA meetings





Resources and publications

Our library has more than 2300 publications, factsheets, presentations, drawings etc. from many different organisations. It continues to grow thanks to the contributions from our partners.

Add item to library »

The three links below take you to special groups of items in the library for more convenient access:


The project database contains nearly 400 sanitation projects of many different organizations dealing with research, implementation, advocacy, capacity development etc. Advanced filtering functions and a global map are also available. Information on how and why this database was created is here.

People working for SuSanA partners can add their own projects through their partner profile page. You might need your SuSanA login upgraded for this purpose. Please contact us if you would like to add a project.

Trainings, conference and events materials

Missed important conferences or courses? Catch up by using their materials for self study. These materials have been kindly provided by SuSanA partners.

Regional chapters

Use the map or the search tool to access the most relevant information and knowledge products for your region or country. This includes relevant resources, events, partners or projects.

Shit flow diagrams (SFDs), excreta flow diagrams

Shit flow diagrams (SFDs) help to visualize excreta management in urban settings. Access SFDs and more through the SFD Portal.




Discussion forum

Share knowledge, exchange experiences, discuss challenges, make announcements, ask questions and more. Hint: Your discussion forum login is the same as your SuSanA login. More about the forum's philosophy »

Integrated content

We are hosting content from some other communities of practice and information-sharing portals. This section also provides a link to SuSanA's Sanitation Wikipedia initiative.

Suggest content to add »

SuSanA partners

Not yet a SuSana partner? Show your organisation's support to SuSanA's vision and engage in  knowledge sharing by becoming partners.

Apply to become a partner »

Individual membership

Register as an individual member of SuSanA free of charge. As a member you can interact with thousands of sanitation enthusiasts on the discussion forum.  You can also get engaged in one of our 13 working groups and our regional chapters. Our FAQs explain the benefits further.

By getting a SuSanA login you can fully participate in the SuSanA community!

Register as a member


Forgot your password?