IBBK Fachgruppe Biogas offers a 4-day study tour starting in Stuttgart and ending in Stuttgart. The tour will lead you to several plant operators and biogas companies in Germany.
The participants of the tour will get in contact with planners of biogas plants, components manufacturers and biogas plant operators as well as biogas plants with new or ground-breaking concepts or technology in Germany.
The tour will cover the following topics:
1. Visit of a 700 kW biogas plant with integrated upgrading unit. Raw biogas is cleaned and purified into CNG-quality natural gas on site and sold at the farms own gas station.
2. Visit of a biogas plant with gas upgrading and grid injection. Around 650 m³/h of the produced biogas is fed into the local gas grid.
3. Visit of a German based gas engine manufacturer.
4. Visit of a biogas plant digesting all collected biowaste of the Lake Constance region; Production of around 4 Mio kWh/a electricity.
5. Visit of a biogas plant digesting 18,000 t/a of biowaste in its vertical fermenter, providing 1,800 households with electricity. It was built by OWS Dranco.
6. Visit of a sewage treatment plant with a co-fermentation unit processing the liquid sewage of around 40,000 surrounding inhabitants.
7. Visit of the Central Agricultural Fair in Munich followed by a trip to Oktoberfest.
8. Visit of a 540 kW garage type dry fermentation plant with a yearly substrate input of 17,100 t. 6,000 t/a of separated solid digestate is used as fertilizer.
9. Visit of a 900 kW plant built by FFE Solutions GmbH (formerly: Farmatic). It processes 16,000 t of food waste, supermarket waste and expired food annually.
The Biogas Study Tour will be conducted in English and German language and includes sightseeing and cultural aspects.
Internationales Biogas und Bioenergie Kompetenzzentrum
Jenny Aragundy-Kaiser (jenny)
Share this page on