The Sustainability Summit 2016 will look at how short-termism dominates the global mind-set, with the need to achieve growth in the present often overshadowing critical preparations for our future. However the call for transformational, systemic change is growing louder as is the demand for a world in which our people and planet form the bottom-line of our economy. But what will serve to catalyse the shift in both policy and practice needed to bring about a sustainable future?
In the wake of COP 21 and the codifying of the post-2015 development agenda, the Sustainability Summit 2016 will bring together a diverse cross-section of leading stakeholders from industry experts to investors and policy-makers to next generation thought-leaders. Over two days, this high-level summit will provide a forum for candid discussion in an effort to progress and widen the sustainability dialogue. The agenda will explore the systemic drivers for change as well as practical steps being taken at the corporate and even the individual level. It will drive forward the emerging global agenda of the Anthropocene, where environmental and social sustainability intersect with economic prosperity.
Further Description / Program
- Laying the framework for global sustainable development
- Embedding sustainability into national policy
- The value-at-risk of inaction
- Sustainable Development Goals in focus – what will the mean for business?
- The business case for sustainability
Questions The Sustainability Summit will answer:
- What role do the public and private sectors have to play in future-proofing society?
- How can governments embed sustainability into their national policy? - What will the implementation of the SDGs mean for global businesses?
- How can we measure sustainability and increase transparency?
- What does a sustainable and profitable business strategy actually look like?
- How can we bring global civil society along on this journey with us?
- Will there come a day when sustainability, in all its facets, becomes entirely commonplace?
Share this page on