The German Toilet Organization (GTO) is a non-profit NGO, which was founded in Berlin in the October of 2005. The GTO is a network of people, who combine their experience from different professions to work towards common goals.
To protect the environment and improve public health by raising awareness of, and providing people with, clean and sustainable toilet and wastewater treatment systems.
Access to clean toilets and sustainable sanitation systems for all.
- Public campaigns and the use of innovative communications tools regarding toilet and excreta management systems
- Raising awareness and spreading knowledge worldwide (as a partner of the UN) through presentations, events, speeches and discussion
- Capacity building for fellow employees of other NGO´s
- Projects centred on the sustainable improvement of toilet and excreta management systems with a special focus on schools
- A school programme in Germany to raise awareness among students of existing sanitation problems in their school and in developing countries
The German Toilet Organization is member of the German WASH Network, a network of German non-profit organisations which focus on development cooperation or humanitarian emergency relief and rehabilitation and are actively engaged in the WASH sector.
Asia & Pacific Europe, Caucasus & Central Asia Local NGO Middle East & Nothern Africa Sub-Saharan Africa
2017 - 2018
Regional WASH workshops in or for MENA region to strengthen humanitarian preparedness and response capacity
Strengthening local WASH disaster preparedness and response capacities in order to allow for the provision of appropriate and effective humanitarian WASH services in disaster and crisis prone regions
The identified target regions for the regional workshops in 2017 are Western Africa, Asia and the MENA region. With the Regional WASH Workshop series, the German WASH Network aims at strengthening local WASH disaster preparedness and response capacities in order to allow for the provision of appropriate and effective humanitarian WASH services …
Share this page on