Implementation possibilities and institutional aspects of establishing small size wastewater treatment technologies in rural areas in Albania, focussing on constructed wetlands
The Master's thesis describes the implementation possibilities of small size waste water treatment technologies in rural areas of Albania. Therefore, the following aspects are considered in the work:
- Background of Albania
- Introduction to the Albanian water and sewerage sector with its main stakeholders
- Overview over laws and strategies relevant for the sector
- Presentation of technology and its components, especially constructed wetlands
- Description of the actual situation of rural Albania, presenting several visited villages and intervies with local actors of the sector and a conclusion for further investigation
- Procedure for the implementation of new projects and conclusions for a planned guideline as a decision tool for local politicians
The work cannot present ready concepts for the villages, but gives a good starting point for further site-visits and planning of wastewater handling and treatment facilities.
Master's Thesis, Bauhaus University Weimar, Germany
Albania, constructed wetland, decentralised sanitation, WWTP, small size, GIZ
Niebel, S. (2012). Implementation possibilities and institutional aspects of establishing small size wastewater treatment technologies in rural areas in Albania, focussing on constructed wetlands. Master's Thesis, Bauhaus University Weimar, Germany.