The Institute of Water Resources Planning (IWRP) is a part of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD). IWRP is among the most important institutions in Vietnam that deals with studies related to river systems. IWRP specializes in policies, planning, engineering and consultancy. It's function is to operate within the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and other provincial levels in formulating water resources (water supply and sanitation, drainage, flood and drought prevention), energy, climate and environment across Vietnam to help facilitate socio-economic development. Major tasks include regulating the use of water resources, as well as protecting and developing water resources and the environment in a sustainable way.
IWRP's tasks and mandates include:
1. To prepare and submit to MARD:
Strategies and long-term planning and policies for water resources, dyke management, disaster prevention; National standards, technical norms, technical guidelines in relevant sectors.
2. To develop methodology on water resources planning, unit costs for water resources planning, water resources development, rural water supply and sanitation.
3. To develop water resources plans.
4. To develop operation rules of reservoirs and inter-reservoirs for effective and efficient exploitation and protection of hydraulic works.
5. To implement baseline surveys and investigations.
6. To provide consultancy services: planning, investigation, design, investment project development, appraisal, review, construction supervision, project
The organization has a number of division/departments, of which the most important are:
- Departments for Water Resources Planning for Northern Region
- Departments for Water Resources Planning for North Centre Region
- Departments for Water Resources Planning for Mid Central and Central Highland Region
- Department for Hydro-meteorology
- Department for Training and International Cooperation.
- Department for Science, Technology and Environment
- Department for Water quality, Laboratory and Environment
If you tick two options within one filter parameter, then this is treated as an "or" search, meaning either of them could be true. But if you tick two filters for two different parameters then this is treated as an "and" search, i.e. both parameters must be true to return a result. If anything is unclear about how the filter and search combinations work, just contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can run the country filter for the projects by clicking on “Select countries”. However, if you want to combine the country filter with another filter parameter, then you need to operate the “apply filter” button twice: You need to firstly filter by country, then secondly filter by the other filter parameter(s) (or vice versa). To run the filter you need to click on the “apply filter” button.