The 23rd SuSanA meeting will take place in Chennai, India on 18 February 2017 prior to the 4th Faecal Sludge Management Conference (FSM4). It is organised by the India Sanitation Coalition, Ecosan Services Foundation, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Madras) and the SuSanA Secretariat. It will be complemented by a SuSanA WG7 meeting (WASH in Schools) and an open exchange Forum on 17 February 2017.
India Sanitation Coalition (ISC), Ecosan Services Foundation, the SuSanA secretariat held by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and the Indian Institute for Technology (IIT Madras)
Date and Venue
The 23rd SuSanA meeting will take place on 18 February 2017 at the Indian Institute of Technology IIT Madras (Chennai):
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Sardar Patel Road, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600036
You can reach IIT Madras through the following gates:
Main Gate (in and out) : Opposite to C.L.R.I and beside The Adyar Cancer Institute, on Sardar Patel Road, Adyar, Chennai.
The 23rd SuSanA Meeting will be complemented by a SuSanA WG 7 meeting (WASH in Schools) and an open exchange Forum on 17 February 2017.
Goals of the 23rd SuSanA meeting
- Encourage regional exchange and foster networking and cooperation
- Link the Indian activities to accelerate sanitation provision with the global discourse about sustainable sanitation
- Present SuSanA’s approach to knowledge management in the SuSanA Indian chapter and identify gaps, demands and synergies with other initiatives
- Sharing SuSanA’s contribution to the 2030 agenda and celebrate SuSanA’s 10th anniversary
- Warming-up for the FSM4 conference
The 23rd SuSanA meeting will be taking place on 18 February. We expect more than 100 sanitation experts from India and abroad to discuss i.e. India's pathway to sustainable sanitation, challenges and opportunities for knowledge sharing in the (Indian) sanitation sector and planning approaches and implementation of urban sanitation in India. The plenary meeting aims to link the Indian activities to accelerate sanitation provision with the global discourse about sustainable sanitation.
On 17 February, SuSanA members and all other people interested will meet for a SuSanA WG 7 meeting on WASH in schools. During an open exchange forum, SuSanA partners active in India will have the opportunity to present their sanitation related activities and to network with other sanitation experts.
17 February 2017 (SuSanA WG Meeting and Open Exchange Forum, half day):
- SuSanA WG 7 Meeting on WASH in Schools
- Open Exchange Forum
- Short input presentations from SuSanA partners active in India
18 February 2017 (23rd SuSanA meeting, full day):
- Introduction of the new SuSanA vision paper
- Panel Discussion on the political drive towards sustainable sanitation in India
- Planning and Implementation of Urban Sanitation in India
- Knowledge sharing in the (Indian) sanitation sector
The 23rd SuSanA meeting will be held prior to the 4th Faecal Sludge Management Conference (FSM4) taking place from February 19th to 22nd in Chennai. Building on the success of the first three International FSM Conferences in Hanoi (2015) and in Durban (2011& 2012), FSM4 aims to bring together professionals working in the sector to support the global initiative of disseminating sustainable solutions for FSM. FSM4 will focus on innovative and practical solutions that can be scaled up, including three tracks: research, case studies, and industry & exhibition.
Registration for the 23rd SuSanA Meeting is open
There is no registration fee for the SuSanA meeting, but you must cover your own travel expenses and accommodation.
Plese register here: http://www.susana.org/registration-23rd-susana-meeting