The WEDC International Conference is a valued and respected platform for reflection and exchange of knowledge and ideas that are rooted in practice. The title this year recognises that a uncertain future is faced as the world is challenged by the impact of external factors, particularly climate change. The WEDC International Conference seeks to create a safe, open and honest exchange and debate of experiences of the WASH sector within the changing environment. It supports learning and sharing, which is critical for progress towards global goals and aspirations. The open-access repository of conference contributions will also support the sharing of experiences beyond the event and into the future.
Due to the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the 42nd WEDC International Conference will now take place entirely online from 13th to 15th September 2021.
42nd WEDC International Conference
Over three days, the 42nd Conference will comprise:
• Online presentations and interactive discussions of peer-reviewed content
• Agency events from international organizations working in the sector
• A Poster Gallery for summaries of WASH projects and programmes
• An Online Exhibition Area: a unique and valuable opportunity for exhibitors to showcase their cutting edge developments, products and services
• The opportunity for delegates to meet and network in our virtual rooms
Typically attracting more than 400 participants from research, practice and policy communities across more than 40 countries, this is truly a unique international event.
Deadlines and other key dates:
• Deadline: initial abstract submissions: 15 March 2021 - Authors will be informed of the outcome of the first review by 30 April 2021
• Deadline: submission of revised abstracts addressing review comments: 15 May 2021 -Authors will be informed of acceptance of final abstract by: 31 May 2021
• Deadline: submission of presentation recording: 15 July 2021
• Deadline for the receipt of posters: 31 July 2021
• Deadline for agency event and exhibition applications: 15 June 2021
It is vital that the deadline dates for submissions are adhered to in order to allow time for reviewers to assess the abstracts and to give authors the opportunity to make corrections, and to ensure the inclusion of the abstracts in the conference pre-prints and the programme.
Accepted abstracts to be presented at the conference will appear online shortly before the conference opens.
Accepted presentations and posters to be presented at the conference will appear in the Conference Proceedings. Authors and other contributors should note that a condition of submission of a presentation will be that they consent to these appearing online as items in the Proceedings. The Proceedings will be stored in Loughborough University's Institutional Repository indefinitely, as a publicly accessible resource.
Share this page on