Published in: 2022
CWIS-FSM Support Cell, DPHE
Feni is a fast-growing city located along the Dhaka-Chittagong highway and 161 km South of Dhaka. It is besides the Selonia River and it is well connected with road, water, and railways. It is one of the oldest towns in the sub-continent and was declared a Municipality in 1958. Feni is one of the 53 district level Municipality in the country.
According to the population census in 2011 by the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), the Feni Municipality population was 156,971. The population growth in the Municipality is 3.5% per year. Considering 10% floating population, such as farmers and traders, comes to the city every day, the present (2020) population is estimated to be around 235,329.
The outcome of the SFD graphic shows that only eight percent (8%) of the excreta flow is classified as safely managed, and the remaining ninety two percent (92%) is classified as unsafely managed. The unsafely managed excreta originate from wastewater not delivered to treatment (5%), Faecal Sludge (FS) both contained and not contained - not delivered to treatment (40%), FS not contained - not emptied (33%) and 13% of supernatant not delivered to treatment. Thus, the safely managed excreta originate from FS contained - not emptied (8%).
Date of production / last update: 20.11.2022
(2022). SFD (Lite) Report – Feni, Bangladesh. CWIS-FSM Support Cell, DPHE
English Faecal sludge treatment processes Politicians and local decision makers Practitioners SFD Report South Asia
Share this page on