Published in: 2019
City-Wide Inclusive Sanitation Technical Assistance Hub (CWIS TA Hub, South Asia); Environment and Public Health Organization (ENPHO)
CWIS TA Hub & ENPHO
Location of library entry
Dakshinkali Municipality is located in Kathmandu District in Province No. 3 of Nepal. The total population is 24,297 people residing in 6,925 households. Majority of the population (80%) are dependent on public taps and the remaining 20% of population are dependent on spring water. 14% of the population depend on an offsite sanitation system but most of the population in Dakshinkali Municipality are dependent on onsite sanitation systems: lined tanks with impermeable walls and open bottom, fully lined tanks, lined pits with semi-permeable walls and open bottom with no outlet and overflow, unlined pits and pits (all types) never emptied abandoned when full and covered with soil, no outlet or overflow. There is no treatment facility for treating wastewater or the faecal sludge in Dakshinkali Municipality. 42% of the total excreta generated are safely managed and 58% are not safely managed.
CWIS TA Hub & ENPHO (2019). SFD Lite Report - Dakshinkali Municipality, Nepal. City-Wide Inclusive Sanitation Technical Assistance Hub (CWIS TA Hub, South Asia); Environment and Public Health Organization (ENPHO)
East Asia & Pacific English SFD General Library SFD Report
Share this page on