Published in: 2019
Bremen Overseas Research and Development Association (BORDA), Bremen, Germany
Eales, K., Blackett, I.
Location of library entry
Building on the success of the first four International FSM Conferences in Chennai (2017), Hanoi (2015) and in Durban (2011& 2012), the FSM5 conference brought together professionals working in the sector, including utilities, service providers, cities, governments, academics, scientists, consultants, donors and industries, to support the global initiative of disseminating sustainable solutions for FSM.
The FSM5 Conference focussed on demonstrating FSM as a utility service that can be:
- Structured and regulated by government
- Delivered in partnership with private service providers
- Organized to attract investment from government, development partners, commercial banks, and private entities
The thematic papers address the four following themes:
- Private Sector Engagement
- Emerging Approaches in Regulation
- Sanitation Workers
- Behaviour Change and Communication for FSM
Table of Content:
1. FSM5 Private Sector V4 - Working with the Private Sector to meet the Challenges of
2. KE Regulating FSM-Emerging approaches - Regulating FSM: Emerging approaches.
3. FSM5 Sanitation Workers V3 - Improving the conditions of sanitation workers: the
missing link in the sanitation chain.
4. FSM5 BCC for FSM V4 - Targeted messages that shift attitudes and behaviour are
essential for good FSM.
Eales, K., Blackett, I. (2019). FSM5 - Thematic Papers. Bremen Overseas Research and Development Association (BORDA), Bremen, Germany
English Faecal sludge treatment processes
Share this page on