Published in: 2018
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, India
SuSanA Admin (susanaadmin)
Location of library entry
Rishikesh is an important pilgrim city on the banks of river Ganga in Dehradun district of the Indian state, Uttarakhand. In April 2018, Rishikesh Municipality (Nagar Palika Parishad) was upgraded to Rishikesh Municipal Corporation (Nagar Nigam). Subsequently, the municipal area, population and number of wards have increased from 10 sq.km, 70,499 people and 20 wards, to 26 sq.km, 106,320 people and 40 wards. The equivalent daily floating population in Rishikesh is considered as 12,344.
For Rishikesh, 49% of the excreta is estimated to be managed safely, with the remaining 51% considered unsafely managed.
GIZ (2018). SFD Report - Rishikesh, India. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, India
Asia & Pacific English SFD Report
Share this page on