Published in: 2018
C-WAS, CEPT University
SuSanA Admin (susanaadmin)
Location of library entry
Panchgani is a hill station and municipal council in the Satara district of Maharashtra state. It is situated about 285 km from Mumbai and 18 km from Mahabaleshwar. The Panchgani municipal boundary comprises an area of 6.12 sq.km. As per Census 2011, Panchgani has a population of 14,897 persons, with a density of 2,434 persons per sq. km. Of this, 26% of the total population (3,850 persons) lives in slums.
97% of the population in Panchgani uses offsite sanitation systems, with the remaining 3% using onsite sanitation. 85% of the excreta in Panchgani is safely managed, with 15% being unsafely managed.
C-WAS, CEPT University (2018). SFD Report - Panchgani, India. CEPT University
Asia & Pacific English SFD Report
Share this page on