Published in: 2018
WaterAid, Islamabad, Pakistan
SuSanA Admin (susanaadmin)
Location of library entry
Thatta is the main city of Thatta district, in the province of Sindh, Pakistan and has a population of 101,833 (Census, 2017) individuals in 17,998 households. Thatta city is spread over an area of 3823 km² (urban/Rural) and has a population density of 109 people per km².
There are no pit latrines in Thatta, and there is almost no use of septic tanks. 85% of the population uses offsite sanitation systems and the remaining 15% practices open defecation. Only 9% of the excreta in Thatta is categorized as safely managed, thus 91% is not managed safely.
Badruddin, I. (2018). SFD Report - Thatta, Pakistan - SFD Promotion Initiative. WaterAid, Islamabad, Pakistan
Asia & Pacific English SFD Report
Share this page on