Published in: 2018
Al-Muyeed, A., Nath, S.K., Basar, M.S.
SuSanA Admin (susanaadmin)
Location of library entry
Saidpur is a populous city in Nilphamari District, Bangladesh. It came into existence on 30 April 1958 as a municipality, and has 15 wards. It is an ‘A’ category municipality, which means it has had an annual income of BDT 6 million over the past three years. It covers an area of 34.42 km2. The Saidpur municipality has a total population of 127,104, and a population density of 4,442 people per km2.
Saidpur has no wastewater treatment plant. All residents use onsite sanitation systems. Thirteen percent (13%) of the excreta flow is classified as safely managed, and the remaining eighty-seven (87%) percent is considered as unsafely managed.
Al-Muyeed, A., Nath, S.K., Basar, M.S. (2018). SFD Report - Saidpur, Bangladesh. WaterAid Bangladesh
Asia & Pacific English SFD Report
Share this page on