Published in: 2018
SuSanA Admin (susanaadmin)
Location of library entry
Lahan Municipality is a small commercial town in Siraha District, located in province number 2 in Nepal. It has a population of about 93,000 people and is nearly 350 kilometres east of the capital city Kathmandu. The majority of the population in Lahan (92%) uses onsite sanitation systems. 3% of the residents use toilets discharging directly into open drains, while an estimated 5% practices open defecation. Only 23% of the excreta in Lahan is safely manged, leaving 77% unsafely managed.
WaterAid (2018). SFD Report - Lahan, Nepal. WaterAid Nepal
Asia & Pacific English SFD Report
Share this page on