Published in: 2017
Dr. Uday Tekale, Dhanashree Gurav, Meena Narula, Adwait Joshi
SuSanA Admin (susanaadmin)
The SuSanA India Chapter seminar about the topic towards ODF+ Urban Maharashtra was held in Pune, India on 18 November 2017 during the event SANIVATION’17 around World Toilet Day. Please also find the final report of the conference below.
The context of the seminar was that Maharashtra State Government has recently declared all cities to be open defecation free (ODF). The seminar encouraged discussions on what this declaration of being ODF means in practice in the state of Maharashtra and elaborated strategies to make urban Maharashtra ODF+ or better. It was further discussed that urban sanitation challenges need holistic planning approaches backed by comprehensive open-source data. The seminar analysed also the role of NGOs in urban sanitation and how to involve corporate engagement through CSR projects in urban sanitation.
1. Urban Maharashtra ODF Journey, Swachh Maharashtra Mission
2. Challenges and Solutions of Planning for Urban Sanitation, Shelter Associates
3. Role of NGOs in Urban sanitation, Water for People
4. Corporate Engagement in Urban Sanitation, Samhita Social Ventures
5. Minutes of the SuSanA India Chapter Meeting, Pune
Dr. Uday Tekale, Dhanashree Gurav, Meena Narula, Adwait Joshi (2017). SuSanA India Chapter Seminar in Pune, 19th November 2017 - Presentations of Speakers & Minutes of Meeting.
Asia & Pacific English India Presentations
Share this page on