Published in: 2016
International Food Policy Research Institute
Haddad, L. et al
SuSanA Admin (susanaadmin)
The Global Nutrition Report is the only independent and comprehensive annual review of the state of the world’s nutrition. It is a multipartner initiative that holds a mirror up to our successes and failures at meeting intergovernmental nutrition targets. It documents progress on commitments made on the global stage, and it recommends actions to accelerate that progress.
The Global Nutrition Report aims to be a beacon, providing examples of change and identifying opportunities for action. This year’s report focuses on the theme of making—and measuring—SMART commitments to nutrition and identifying what it will take to end malnutrition in all its forms by 2030.
1. Malnutrition creates a cascade of individual and societal challenges—and opportunities.
2. The world is off track to reach global targets—but there is hope.
3. Nutrition is central to the Sustainable Development Goals.
4. Current commitments do not match the need.
5. SMART commitments and targets matter.
6. We must move beyond talk to action.
7. Today’s data and knowledge are not sufficient to maximize investments.
Haddad, L. et al (2016). Global Nutrition Report 2016 - From Promise to Impact - Ending Malnutrition by 2030. International Food Policy Research Institute
English WASH and nutrition (WG12)
Share this page on