Project will provide resilient sanitation & hygiene with adequate knowledge and capacity for management, maintenance and adaptation in 20 schools in shyamnagar Upazillas of satkhira district along with artificial recharge system to enhance groundwater rec
Key Activities include:
1. Installation of sanitation complex at school
2. Rennovate latrine including MHM facilities
3. Installation of Soak well for water management
4. Orientation SMC, teachers on Handwashing
5. Hygiene training for informal group
6. Campaign on hand washing at school
7. Orientation SMC, teachers on MHM
8. MHM training/orientation/session for informal group
9. Campaign on MHM at school
10. Orientation /training on WSP, CCA and DRR for SMC, Teachers, students, community people
11. Installation of RWH unit at school
12. Installation of borehole at school
1. Proposed project will provide resilient sanitation & hygiene with adequate knowledge and capacity for management, maintenance and adaptation in 20 schools in shyamnagar Upazillas of satkhira district along with artificial recharge system to enhance ground water recharge. These schools will have potential capacity as temporary shelter during disaster with functional water and sanitation facilities
2. Project will decrease incident of waterborne diseases of 6,000 students in 20 schools and 2000 people in the project catchment areas.
3. The proposed project will try to create evidence and establish model on resilience WASH for schools in the vulnerable coastal context.
This project will be implemented at six unions of Shymanagar upazila in Satkhira district located at the south-west coastal part of the Bangladesh. The WASH facilities particularly for the schools are poor, fragile and non-functioning without adequate availability of safe water, hand washing, separate toilet and menstrual hygiene management (MHM) facilities for girls. Government have few inadequate initiatives for sanitation only in this area but which is mostly focused for primary education. The high schools particularly girls and coeducation schools are in most neglected condition.
Login to see the e-mail-adress of the contact person.
Asia & Pacific Bangladesh Behaviour change Capacity development Health and hygiene International NGO Operation, maintenance and sustainable services Other funding source or unspecified Rural Specific to one or several countries Toilets or urinals (user interface) Treatment of wastewater or greywater
Share this page on