PRACTICA Foundation is a non-profit centre of technical expertise with a mission to strengthen the skills and tools for entrepreneurs in the African and Asian water, irrigation and sanitation sector.
Our offices and workshops are based in the Netherlands and in Madagascar. We work with international & local organizations to develop and implement innovations in their programs:
• We facilitate practical trainings to strengthen technical & business skills of local enterprises
• We contribute to their enabling environment, aligning the enterprises with suppliers, customers & institutions
• We provide technical assistance for project implementation to NGOs, governments and consultancy firms
• We conduct applied research & product development to ensure continuous innovation
Regarding FSM, Practica supports cities with 50,000 to 300,000 inhabitants in the implementation of Equitable, Safe, and Sustainable FSM services.
Our sanitation services include:
- Studies: Sanitation assessment, Sanitation business plans, Technical design of emptying equipment and FS treatment plants;
- FSM chain implementation: Project design, Support to secondary towns in the set-up and monitoring of FSM chains;
- R&D: Development of appropriate desludging tools, FSM monitoring apps, reusing businesses.
Share this page on