The 22nd SuSanA meeting took place in Stockholm, Sweden on 27 August 2016 prior to the Stockholm World Water Week. It was hosted by the Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) together with the SuSanA secretariat.
Presentation and Videos of the 22nd SuSanA Meeting (August 27)
The 22nd SuSanA meeting was recorded and all video material is available here.
Session 1 "Introduction and overview about recent developments"
- Arno Rosemarin (SEI): Welcome
- Madeleine Fogde (SEI): Introduction to participants
- Annkathrin Tempel & Arne Panesar (GIZ): SuSanA updates
- Ingeborg Krukkert (IRC): Report from Kampala WASH Symposium
- Daniella Boström (UN-Water): World Toilet Day 2016
Session 2 "Up-scaling sanitation and citywide sanitation"
- Arne Panesar (GIZ): SFDs
- Martin Gambrill ( World Bank): Diagnostic and Decision Support Tools for citywide Inclusive Sanitation
- Cecilia Rodrigues (GIZ)/Graham Alabaster (UN-Habitat): New Urban Agenda
- Christine Moe (Emory University): SaniPath Tool
- Ismail Shaiye (Water Services Trust Fund Kenya): Up-scaling sanitation in low income urban areas
- Doreen Mbalo (GIZ) Up-scaling sanitation in low income urban areas
- Daniel Ddiba (KTH) REVAMP (see Video Session 3)
Session 3 "Sustainable sanitation in the Agenda 2030 and the international water architecture"
- Roland Schertenleib (EAWAG emeriti): SuSanA Vision 2030
- Kim Andersson (SEI): Sanitation, Wastewater Management and Sustainability
- Daniela Krahl (BMZ): "Business as Usual"- Not an option in the Water Sector for the 2030 Agenda
- Kate Medlicott (WHO): Monitoring the sanitation goal in the SDGs
- Vishwanath Srikantaiah (Biome Trust): Regional Political Processes- Swacch Bharat Mission
Session 4 "Sanitation in Emergencies"
- Thilo Panzerbieter (GTO): Sanitation and FSM Option in Emergencies
- Daniela Krahl (BMZ): Sanitation for Millions
- Michael Kropac (cewas): SuSanA Regional Chapter Middle East
- Wini Adam (UNESCO-IHE): Productive Sanitation in IDP Emergency Settlements, Sudan
- Arno Coerver (Malteser International): SuSanA WG 8 Outlook
Session 5 "Behaviour Change and Hygiene"
- Laura Anquez (UNICEF): Group Handwashing
- Bella Monse (GIZ): WASH behaviour in school environment?
- Sailas Nyareza (WSSCC): Menstrual Hygiene Management
- Sarah Dickin (SEI): SEI-Initiative on Behaviour and Change
- Hanna Woodburn (PPPHW): Behaviour Change & SuSanA
Working Group Meetings
During the World Water Week several Working Group Meetings took place:
- Dorothee Spuhler (seecon/cewas): Introduction
- Muhammad Wasif Bashir Babar (PYPW): Role of youth in SDG
- Dorothee Spuhler (seecon/cewas): Business Development & Business Matchmaking Services
- Sanna-Leena Rautanen (RWSSPWN): About the dimensions of capacity and change in time
- Bella Monse (GIZ), Belinda Abraham (UNICEF): Sustainable WASH in Schools – Is the Education Sector ready?
Market-based Programming to Address Humanitarian WASH Needs”
- Stephan Simon (Welthungerhilfe): Sustainable Service Initiative
- Maren Heuvels (BORDA): Effective Governance for the Successful Long-term Operation of Community Scale Air Limbah Systems
- Alex Wolf (BORDA): Introduction to the 4S project
- Jean Lapègue (ACF): Wash' Nutrition Operational Manual - Flyer
- Dan Jones (WaterAid): Sector Plan Analysis Tool
The Meeting Evaluation can be viewed here.
World Water Week & SuSanA
In the context of the World Water Week Stockholm (August 28 - September 2), SuSanA was engaged in the following events.
Please follow the links for resources and conclusions of the session:
SuSanA also had an information booth (Booth No. 44) at this years SWWW.