Sustainability is without doubt one of the most burning subject matters that subsumes many of the issues that we are seeing in CLTS and wider WASH practice. There have been several useful studies on sustainability that have highlighted some of the different aspects as well as the complexities involved. However, it is unclear how much of the learning from these studies has been built into current and future programming and practice. Based on existing research and our own understanding, we have identified some priority areas for learning:
• How to phase in sanitation marketing
• Post-ODF engagement of government, NGOS, donors and others
• How to ensure equity and inclusion
• How to transform social norms
• Monitoring, learning, changing
The workshop brings together experience, knowledge and key learnings in this area and are therefore planning a workshop and a publication for 2015.
Share this page on