A lot of waste ends up dumped on the streets, and finds its way into the nature unprocessed. Find out which materials are biodegradable and which are not.
To find out the varying biodegradability of different materials
Shovel, backyard or other place to bury items, soil, 5 x wooden sticks, permanent marker, different brands and materials of the same product to test, for example:
• Diapers (5 different brands), or
• Different types of cloth and fabric, or
• Plates and cups: paper, wax coated paper, Styrofoam, plastic, or
• Paper: notebook paper, gift wrap, magazine paper, construction paper, cardboard, or
• Bags: paper bags, plastic grocery bags, garbage bags, or
• Any other consumer product made by different brands or materials.
Share this page on