19 April 2013 Core group and key stakeholder meeting
Preparation pack circulated to the meeting participants
The preparation pack contained the following:
- Cover Letter SuSanA core group and key stakeholder meeting April 2013 available here
- SuSanA meeting programme 18 to 20 April 2013 available here
- SuSanA vision statement version 1.2 february 2008 available here
- SuSanA old roadmap version 1.3 Nov 2008 available here
- SuSanA status-quo summary available here
- Sanitation Hot Topics List 20130404 available here
- SuSanA survey results summary 130409 available here
Presentations during the meeting
The following four presentations were held:
- Status-quo SuSanA available here
- Survey results summary available here
- Hot Topics Input available here
- Institutional options available here
Impressions from the meeting
Meeting minutes and the moderators reflection on the meeting
Meeting minutes summary version available here
Ken Caplan's reflections on the meeting from the moderator's perspective available here
Background to the SuSanA strategy study
- Johannes Heeb (seecon gmbh, expert in WASH)
- Jay Baghwan (WRC, expert in WASH)
- Roland Schertenleib (W+S Consult, expert in WASH)
- Astrid Frischknecht (seecon gmbh, expert in organisational development)
- Wolfgang Pfefferkorn (Rosinak & Partner, network specialist)
- Dorothee Spuhler (seecon gmbh, project manager)
Outputs from the SuSanA strategy study
SuSanA 2008 to 2012 status quo analysis
The analysis included the following topics:
- History and background:
- Summary of all core group meeting minutes, first vision statements, the SuSanA roadmap 2008 to 2012, documents on the structure of SuSanA describing how it functions, etc.
- Current mission statement discussion conducted on the forum
- Partner and member mapping
- Basic statistics on partner organisations and individual members were compiled
- Media channel analysis
- Summary of SuSanA media channels
- Potential of crowdsourcing for SuSanA
- Impact / Outreach
- List of key documents, events, high-level papers etc.
- Conclusion and recommendations
List of "hot" current topics in the sanitation sector
A list of key SuSanA stakeholders (people outside of the SuSanA core group) was prepared and circulate to the core group for comment and input. Key stakeholders and all core group members were asked two questions:
- What according to you are at present and in future the most relevant topics in the sanitation sector (please provide 5 to 10 suggestions)?
- Which of those should SuSanA focus on in the next 5 years?
The complete list of feedback obtained as well as a summary are available here.
Online survey results
An executive summary version of the SuSanA 2008 to 2012 status quo analysis was published on the website in February 2013, to communicate to all SuSanA partners and members. In order to gather consistent feedback and build on the analysis, an online anonymous survey was prepared in order to gather data from the entire alliance. The survey was communicated through all SuSanA channels to the network during the last two weeks of February and first three weeks of March 2013.
A presentation on the results of the survey is available here.
Results of the investigation into different organisational structure options for SuSanA
An outline of the current organisational structure of SuSanA was built with a selected number of people who know SuSanA well (members, partners, secretariat, core group, working group leads) who drew a picture on a flipchart of their perception of the organisational landscape (systemic view) which interacted and influenced SuSanA. Based on the results, short interviews (by phone) were carried out with some members of the secretariat (1-2), the core group (2-3) and 1-2 other persons.
A detailed presentation is available here. (8Mb)