2012 Water and Health Conference: Science, Policy and Innovation
29.10.2012 - 02.11.2012
Bringing together academic research with policy, practice and networking events.
This year's conference will take place October 29th through November 2nd in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Main Conference Themes:
- Monitoring and Evaluation for Sustainability
- Ecosystem Protection and Drinking Water Safety
- WaSH and Child Health
- Southeastern US Water Challenges
- Beyond 2015: Realizing Universal Access and Human Rights
- Water, Energy and Climate
- Making Sanitation Benefits Achievable and Sustainable for All
- Household-centered WaSH
Key Note Speakers:
- Bai Mass Taal, Executive Secretary of the African Ministers Council on Water
- Tessie San Martin, Director, CEO of Plan International USA
- William G. Ross, former North Carolina Secretary for the Department of Environmental and Natural Resources and Visiting Professor at the Nicholas Institute for the Environment
- Letitia Obeng, Chair of the Global Water Partnership
- Charles Fishman, author of The Big Thirst
- Tom Earnhardt, producer and host of Exploring North Carolina
Submissions have closed for abstracts for oral and poster presentations. Registration can be made at: whconference.unc.edu/register.cfm.
External Link for more information:
2012 Water and Health Conference