Published in: 2016
Published in: 2016
This report seeks to understand:
(1) the current state of girls’ experience with menarche and MHM in Ethiopia,
(2) the donor, government, and NGO responses to girls’ needs, and
(3) opportunities for research, advocacy, and programming to better address these needs.
This complements a Global Landscape Analysis and is one of three Country Landscape Analyses focused on India, Kenya, and Ethiopia.
This report is the result of a review of over 50 peer-reviewed articles and grey literature, 30+ interviews with experts and practitioners in Ethiopia, and a review of relevant programming focused on menstruation and MHM. The country research for Ethiopia was also informed by 18 interviews with adolescent girls from Debre-Birhan, a rural area in Ethiopia, in the following categories:
(1) early post-menarche 0 to 1 year post-menarche,
(2) post-menarche 1 to 3 years post-menarche, and
(3) late post-menarche 3+ years post-menarche to 18 years old. Interviews were also conducted with 7 influencers including mothers, sisters, teachers, and a community health care worker.
The research location was chosen based on the following criteria:
(1) proximity to Addis Ababa,
(2) access to girls, and
(3) feasible access to moderators.
FSG (2016). Menstrual Health in Ethiopia - Country Landscape Analysis. FSG
back top print
If you tick two options within one filter parameter, then this is treated as an "or" search, meaning either of them could be true. But if you tick two filters for two different parameters then this is treated as an "and" search, i.e. both parameters must be true to return a result. If anything is unclear about how the filter and search combinations work, just contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can run the country filter for the projects by clicking on “Select countries”. However, if you want to combine the country filter with another filter parameter, then you need to operate the “apply filter” button twice: You need to firstly filter by country, then secondly filter by the other filter parameter(s) (or vice versa). To run the filter you need to click on the “apply filter” button.